Jampot & Sunday Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Jampot & Sunday Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following data about yourself. Information that is filled in on our website provided at the time of registering an account to access our website and requesting additional quotes for products not listed on our site. This information includes individuals:
· Contact information including email address for invoicing
· Demographic information such as postcodes, preference and products of interest.
· IP address, location, browser type, access time and device access.
· Transactional detail to ensure the prompt delivery and/or collection of your goods
The above information is kept for the purpose of billing and ensuring delivery. This is all information that is collected when registering for an account.
From time to time, we also request certain individuals to fill in surveys to provide us with feedback on the way in which we can improve the service we provide to our customers. These are always optional and individuals are not required to respond to them.
Browsing data and behavioural data is among other information which is collected and aggregated through google analytics for the purpose of providing individuals with an enhanced, personalised shopping experience.
Information is collected from an individual’s machine when available including: IP, operating system, browser type and device used. This is all anonymous and used to gain an insight into the fast-moving products to produce promotional material. This information cannot be used to identify particular individuals.
What we do with the information we gather
· We require this information to understand your needs and to be able to provide a better service each time you use our site.
· Internal record keeping
· Ensure content from our site is displayed correctly depending on the users viewing device. For proper optimisation.
· Provide you with notifications about improvements and changes to the usability of our site.
· Contact you about urgent product recalls for the purpose of health and safety.
· Processing orders submitted online and managing your account to ensure functionality
· Improve the product and service we provide as well as customising the website according to individual’s interests.
· Sending frequent emails with promotions, new products, special offers and technical information regarding product purchases with the email address you have provided. If you have provided consent.
· Profile segments of customers to determine what offers customers are eligible for, based upon location.
· Provide personalised pricing list depending on customer location taking into account shipping costs.
· Monitor website traffic and usage to make improvements to the design and functionality of the site.
Links to other websites
Occasionally, our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. To maintain the integrity of your information, it is only accessed by authorised staff who handle confidential information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, restrict you from taking full advantage of the website and the services that it offers
Cookies also allow us to save the content of your online shopping basket (when logged in) when you have not fully completed the checkout process. Our system will remember the items saved in your basket and send you a reminder via email. We have this system in place to ensure a smoother shopping experience for customers. Customers can choose to opt out of these emails, should they decide, via the unsubscribe link attached at the bottom of the email received.
Disclosure of Information to third parties
To access the full services provided on our website we need to share your personal data with third parties. The following highlights how we may disclose personal information to these providers.
· To our courier service and freight forwarding service providers to ensure prompt order fulfilment of goods sold.
· To our payment service providers Stripe who manage our secure payment platform and credit card transactions.
· If in the circumstance should arise that Jampot & Sunday Ltd sells all of its assets or are purchased by another corporation this information held can be transferred to that third party
· To our service providers Squarespace
We have taken steps to ensure that all of our service providers are compliant with GDPR to ensure the safeguarding of your data. If by law we are required to share your data for the purpose of fraud protection we will be required to enforce the terms and conditions policy.
International Transfer of Data Inside and Outside of the UK
Due to the large scale of international trade we undertake, it is sometimes required for us to share your data outside the European Economic Area (EAA). This will occur when our service provider is located outside the EEA. If the circumstance should arise we will ensure that when the data is transferred it is compliant with all required legislation.
If it is required to transfer your data it will be done through our standard practice of being approved by the European Commission. If, however, the data is transferred outside the EU we will ensure that the service providers have the correct security and privacy framework for the purpose of protecting individual’s personal data when transferred across.
Data Protection & Security
We have several security measures put in place to ensure that all personal data is kept secure:
· We have TLS 1.2 Technology using RSA 2048-bit security as one of our security standards in place.
· All online transactions are initiated through virtual baskets when completing the checkout process
· All online personal information is safely secured on our online servers. We also ask users who register an account on our website to use a password to protect their account and keep this confidential as it allows them to access restricted content on the website not allowed by other users.
We do our utmost best to ensure that any data collected adheres to the security policies we have in place to keep data as secure as possible and restrict unauthorised access.
All individuals reserve the following rights:
THE RIGHT TO BE INFORMED
Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and usage of personal data held by the organisation
THE RIGHT OF ACCESS
Individuals have the right to access their personal data and information
THE RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION
Individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified. Corporations are allowed one calendar month to respond
THE RIGHT TO ERASURE
Individuals reserve the right to have their personal data erased. Corporations are allowed one calendar month to respond.
THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
Individuals have the right to request the restriction and or suppression of their personal data. Corporations are allowed one calendar month to respond.
THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
Individuals reserve the right to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose and send to other service providers
THE RIGHT TO OBJECT
Individuals reserve the right to object to data processing based upon legitimate interest. They also have the right to object against direct marketing and lastly processing for the purpose of scientific research and statistics.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
· If you have previously agreed for us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Jampot & Sunday Ltd, 77 Hillfoot Drive, Pudsey, LS28 7QL. Any request for information will be handled with due process and dealt within 28 days and will be available in a machine-readable format.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
Storage of Personal Data
Customer data is stored for a minimum of 6 years to support selected warranty on parts. If customers feel there is an issue with the way in which data is being handled they reserve the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. We would prefer if you contacted us in the first instance to rectify any issue you may have.
Online analytical information is collected and stored through the online platforms GOOGLE ANALYTICS. Data will be used for a period of 48 months and will be sent for deletion after the data has been stored for a period of more than 48 months.
Legal Basis for Data Processing Your Personal Information
An individual’s personal data processing is lawful under the extent that it falls under a contractual basis and is required for the performance of engaging in a contract with an individual. The legal basis upon which we process data is necessary for our legitimate interests. This includes the following:
· Supply and sale of goods and services provided to customers
· Allow customers access to their pricing lists.
· Promotion and advertising of our product range.
· To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
· To better understand how people, interact with our site
· Fulfilling our duties to customers colleagues, investors and stakeholders.
· Personalised promotion tailored to individuals such as recommendations.
· Prevention of fraud, detecting crime and working with law enforcement to prosecute offenders.
· Protecting employees, customers and investors by taking legal action against those which have committed a crime or those which have attempted to defraud Jampot & Sunday Ltd.
· Allowing of account creation to access online pricing and purchase of goods, including a platform for customers to provide a shipping address.
· To allow shipping and billing of goods as well as tracking for online orders.
· Improve services provided to the customer, by allowing us to review information associated with non-functioning and crashed pages.
We process data based upon it being in our legitimate interest and for the purpose of complying with legal and regulatory obligations in place. Individuals confirm consent to receiving these communications via opting in online to receive marketing communications during the sign-up process of account registration. Individuals can also opt-in online when visiting the website for the first time with a pop-up prompt and will not be prompted again. We do however require for individuals to give consent for marketing purposes detailed below. Consent can be defined as ‘Any freely given specific and informed indication of his wishes by which the data subject signifies his agreement to personal data relating to him being processed’
To send direct marketing communications to customers via email this includes:
§ New product highlights
§ Range additions
§ Monthly newsletter
§ Money saving offers
To allow for segmentation and targeting of customer groups based upon the preference of product groups and based upon the location of customers.
or feel free to write to us on
Jampot & Sunday Ltd
77 Hillfoot Drive
Leeds, LS28 7QL
All individuals reserve the right to file a complaint at any time to Information Commissioner's Office (www.ico.ord.uk), We would appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns you may have before you contact the ICO, so please, don’t hesitate to contact us in the first instance